8-Inch Dual Coil Subwoofer - 2 Ohms to 8 Ohms
- Packaging - Packed in 5mm MDF boards on all 6 sides. Secured in 7-ply cardboard and then locking belts. Shockproof packaging against possible transport damages. Fredo takes utmost care in delivering the best to our customers.
- Chassis & Voice Coil - FRD8.4SM-DVC has a sharper, solid-built chassis under new die-casting machines. Metal thickness of 0.8mm, galvanized and then black powder coated to enhance chassis thickness. Dual voice coils of 1.5in outer diameter on Kapton paper with superior kona wire voice coil for heat dissipation. Power handling up to 170W RMS for accurate bass notes.
- Diaphragm - Stitched Cone made of non-pressed paper for accurate and sharp cut-off punch. Cone comes with a Big Roll Foam surround for more air sealing and sturdy pasting application with the chassis assembly. Paper cones are preferred by audiophiles over PP cones for bass reproduction.
- Free Accessories - Includes extra push-fit steel terminals, periphery ring parts, and mounting screws. Fredo supports DIY and provides these accessories to help customers save time and effort.
- Standard features in all Fredo Subwoofers - Push Fit, color-coded Steel Terminals, Under-spider and Pole piece ventilation, ferrite assembly cover casings, and superior quality foam surround on the chassis periphery.
- RMS Power Ratings - Parallel: 170W @ 2 Ohms. Single Coil: 85W @ 4 Ohms. Series: 43W @ 8 Ohms. Fredo emphasizes matching the amplifier with the subwoofer's RMS rating, which is the ultimate guiding factor, rather than relying on PMPO or peak power ratings.