10-Inch DVC - Double Magnet Subwoofer - 1125W+1125W Peak
About this item
- Chassis & Voice Coil:- Fredo FRD10.4DVC, made with Dual Coils, a first in 10 Inch subwoofers in India. Two Inch Voice Coil, 4 layers on Kapton paper, long throw of 13mm (X-max) with an overdrive safety margin of 18mm (X-damage). Heavy, die-cast chassis, taking almost all load of bass thump, without transferring it to mounting assembly.
- Magnet Assembly:- Bigger Ring ferrites for this size. Each ferrite has 120mm (outer dia), 60mm (inner dia), and a thickness of 20mm. Compare it with the same size magnet assembly on most branded 12 Inch subwoofers. Fredo packs the same specs, even in smaller subwoofers.
- Diaphragm & Spider:- Double glued spider for accurate mechanical damping of the diaphragm to efficiently reduce bass dispersal (a significant challenge in bigger subwoofers manufacturing, with powerful piston movement). Double stitched, Non-pressed paper diaphragm, for accurate and sharp cut-off bass. Big roll diaphragm surrounds for better air sealing and adhesive quality to the chassis periphery.
- Standard feature in all Fredo Subwoofers:- Push-Fit, color-coded Steel Terminals, Under-spider and Pole piece ventilation, ferrite assembly cover casings, and superior quality foam surround on chassis periphery.
- Power Ratings:- Single Coil Nominal Power 225W at 4Ω, Continuous use 675W, and Single Coil Peak at 1125W (shorting threshold). RMS Power 320W. Accessories included - Air seal gasket, extra dust cap, and foam ring. 1 extra bobby pin/Red & Black push fit terminals and steel mounting screws. Standard Wood Packing for all Fredo subwoofers and speakers.
Fredo 10-inch DVC subwoofer
Break-in recommendation for this subwoofer:-
Subwoofers are electromechanical devices. The voice coil assembly has electrical winding, and it mechanically moves the diaphragm and the damping mechanism of a spider. The binding adhesive is an integral part of subwoofer construction. The diaphragm, spider, and metallic chassis are joined together with special-purpose adhesive glue.
7 to 8 hours of break-in period for your subwoofer is recommended to loosen up and even out the stressed areas, fresh out of manufacturing.
Stand-out point of Fredo subwoofer:-
- Solidly built and rugged construction.
- Use for 8 Ohms amplifier/Series connection:
- Use for 2 Ohms amplifier/Parallel connection:
-Dual Amplifiers/4 Ohms each:
- Connect 2 amplifiers (4 Ohms) to each voice coil for added punch and effect. Or you may use one amplifier/4 Ohms to one voice coil.
Fredo Speakers - Robust - Reliable - Reasonable
Variable resistance config...
- Tune Qts for the type of enclosure
- A potentiometer/variable resistor can be connected to one of the voice coils.
- The amplifier to the other voice coil.
- Q mechanical can be varied to infinite values, with potentiometer variance.
- Q electrical will become double.
- Strictly for DIY purposes, for audio lab orientations.
- Note: Qtotal = (Qms x Qes)/Qms+Qes
- In this case, varying the value of Qtotal (0.4 to 0.7) will help you make a better Bandpass/ported or sealed enclosure, as you can tune Subwoofer Qts accordingly.
What is in the box?
Important Delivery information:-
This product is shipped directly from the Fredo factory, in Delhi. Step by step WhatsApp updates on your mobile for order delivery.
The Advantage of direct factory shipping:-
One-shot delivery from Fredo factory to your address. Guaranteed fresh and new products, wood packed and sealed, will be delivered to you. No chance of tampering or damage. The item will reach your address in impeccable packing with locking belts.
Power Ratings (for 10 inch DVC subwoofer)
- Nominal power (Single coil) = 225 Watts.
- Max continuous power (Single coil) = 675 Watts.
- Spike power tolerance (Single coil) = 1125 Watts.
- RMS power (Single coil) = 160 Watts, effective Impedance 4 Ohms.
- RMS power (DVC wiring in parallel) = 320 Watts, effective Impedance 2 Ohms.
- RMS power (DVC wiring in series) = 80 Watts, effective Impedance 8 Ohms.
TS Parameters (pertaining to single voice coil)
- Resonance Frequency = 27 Hz
- Qms (mechanical) = 10.71. Qes (electrical) = 0.33. Qts (Total) = 0.32
- BL (motor strength) = 14.58 Tesla Meter
- Voice Coil dia = 2 inches + 2 inches